Euro 2008 Distractions

On a beautiful day in the West Country like today, what better way to spend it by writing another blog post! I suppose a safe bet for an early blog entry would be on music I am currently listening, or my top albums of the first half of 2008! However due to Euro 2008 my music listening has been greatly affected. I can recommend Johnny Foreigner’s and Santogold’s albums which I’ve picked up recently both have provided a distraction away from the constant football. However other then the title music for ITV and BBC’s live coverage and the odd chance to sneak a couple of tracks in the time it takes for Andy Townsend to attempt to explain a tricky offside decision there hasn’t been many opportunities to listen away. I was going to attempt to create a muxtape of classic football songs but I don’t want this blog to lose any credibility it may have started with so here instead are a couple of songs from two of my favourite up and coming female artists from countries involved in the tournament, that’s the particularly weak link...impressive.


France: Soko - Love No (Teenagers Cover)

Soko's Myspace

Sweden: Lykke Li - Let It Fall

Lykke Li's Myspace



0 comments:

Post a Comment