Finishing At The Start.

So, first post. The beginnings of Next Goal Wins; the very start.
In theory myself, Christian and whoever else we know to have an ace taste in music/whoever else we are organised enough to ask will be constantly updating this blog with our semi-journalistic/semi-academic/semi-brown-nosing posts on our favourite music and the general ongoings of our personal perceptions of the musical world.
(By the way: yes, I know that's three halves, but top heavy fractions can be a positive thing...always nice to have more, rather than less, especially where descriptions are concerned)

Coincidentally a quick flick through the headlines on
Drowned In Sound today shows us that both Reuben and I Was A Cub Scout have split up within the last few days.
This saddens me greatly, and although neither was exactly my favourite band ever, IWACS still put on a spiffing show when I saw them at the Exeter Cavern a few months back, and I was certainly looking forward to seeing Reuben at 2000 Trees, especially when I realised that there was major potential for
Frank Turner to join Reuben for their classic Deadly Lethal Ninja Assassin. Seeing good old Franky T belting the "YOUR DRESSED..." part, would almost make up for the abomination against music that is Beans On Toast headlining the main stage.

So yes, this brings me nicely on to the topic for my muxtape today:
A muxtape of songs by bands who went and split up just before they took over the world; those that left us before their time (more or less).
(Okay, so technically Reuben and Godspeed are actually on indefinite hiatuses', and you could even argue that Godspeed made it to a certain extent...front cover of the NME anyone? But lets not be fenickity about this. (Is that even how you spell fenickity?))

Capdown - Ska Wars
Million Dead - I Am The Party
Reuben - Deadly Lethal Ninja Assassin
Keiko - Surrounded! By Nazis!
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 09-15-00 (Part Two)
I Was A Cub Scout - Save Your Wishes
Pretty Girls Make Graves - Pyrite Pedestal
Dogs Die In Hot Cars - Pastimes & Lifestyles
Help She Can't Swim! - Cut The Biography
Test Icicles - Circle Square Triangle
Life Without Buildings - The Leanover
The Format - On Your Porch

Much love.
Gareth
x



0 comments:

Post a Comment