I Know, I Know...

I know I don’t really talk new music on this blog, nor do I really talk about music in general but this isn’t to say I don’t like it. I love new music me. Two acts that I really am ‘digging’ (yep I’m a beatnik) are the beautifully named Swanton Bombs and the recently renamed Soft Pack. I apologize if you’re aware of these acts already. They’ve been banded around (hoho little pun) on various ‘ones to watch’ lists lately, but I'm sure NextGoalWins is what they really wanted.

Sooo Swanton Bombs new E.P Mammoth Skull is constantly on my MP3 player at the moment. This 2 piece aren’t content with rep’ing Jeff Hardy, they go about writing catchy Indie Pop numbers too. Consisting of 4 potential hits, it highlights Swanton Bombs as a potential force for the future. The distorted vocals suit me down to the ground and I love a good 2 piece but with a polish these tracks could be commercial hits too. I only wish I had been more of a rebel and taken the opportunity to see and interview them back when I slaving away in the library for my January exams.

Secondly, The Soft Pack seemed to have been blogged to death so I imagine other posts can do them more justice than I could with my poor grasp of journalism. But I think they’re an incredible band and I haven’t heard a song I don’t like from them yet. I couldn’t help but play Nightlife on my radio show today, a lunchtime 12-2 slot, between 2 chart hits no doubt, as is my confidence that they’re going to do extremely well this year.

Christian




0 comments:

Post a Comment