BBC switch..off


Now dont get me wrong, I love the BBC. The website is my homepage, it's radio stations often soundtrack my day and I have spent many a night in watching some of it's best and worst TV programmes. Nicholas Lyndhurst has had a hand in both these categories. But I'm not completely sold on BBC Switch, with risk of sounding like a Grumpy chap just out of his teenage years It isnt what the bbc does best. I'm stealing this topic off Gareth who originally brought this to my attention but the BBC does alot of things really well. News, Documentaries, Comedy, Sport even the odd Soap (although regrettably this has been greatly weaked since the loss of neighbours). BBC Switch is aimed a teenagers and young adults, it includes the odd radio and tv programme and aload of hip-trendy internet stuff, because thats what kids do right, surf the web?

It's difficult viewing/listening with Kelly Osbourne and Nick Grimshaw who make even the return of Noel Edmunds to kids/teen TV inviting. On top of this the adverts are awful. This is a prime example. Everyone's favourite comedian Tom Deacon, pulls a funny face with a clothes peg moustache well thats hilarious, you've roped me in I have to read this story. What? He presents a show called the 5:19 show, well thats at a really unconventional time! You're right, that IS totally random. And that's just as well because us teens are so unconventional. Next up apparently it's a slice of oddness and amazingness...phew, that's ticked both those boxes, I think we're on to a winner here. Plus 'amazingness', where do these guys get there phrases from, a underachieving english SATS student? Probably just my sisters myspace page. To cap it all off there's a little delay there with the time 'err....5.19pm' because those teenagers forget tiny details. So all in all, it sounds like a hoot.


It wasnt.
Christian.


0 comments:

Post a Comment